Patron Lounge Associate
The Patron Lounge Associate is responsible for assisting the Development Department in engaging and cultivating donors to the Met’s Patron Program. This position is responsible for staffing the Patron Lounge prior to and during the Met’s performances each week during the New York Season, providing information regarding the Met’s programs and performances, as well as accommodating special requests and general customer service to Patrons and their guests.
This position staffs the Patron Lounge for each of the 7 performances during the week and is responsible for opening the Lounge at least 45 minutes prior to the curtain time and remaining there during the performance through the end of the last intermission.
- Greet Patrons and ensure that the amenities and services provided are at a high quality level.
- Check and scan membership cards of individuals entering the Patron Room.
- Provide Patrons and their guests with membership brochures, ticket calendars and other Met materials, as well as assist with membership renewal.
- Assist Patrons with special requests and other issues that may arise.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of and interest in opera/the performing arts a must
- Ability to be flexible and deal with multiple personality types.
Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays during the months of September through May.
Please send resume with cover note to